Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Who am I? And what is this blog?

I have an MEd in foreign language education, a BA in Linguistics, and have spent the past five years working as an ESL teacher in Qatar. Before that, I worked for two years teaching at high schools in Hungary. Beyond this, I've studied at some point at least 20 different languages. Nevertheless, I'd say I'm really only fluent in three: English, Spanish, and Hungarian. I enjoy learning and teaching languages, so I thought this could be a place where I could write about any interesting experiences I have. With that in mind, some of what I write about I consider myself to be an expert in, especially when it comes to teaching English. On the other hand, when I write about my experiences or thoughts about a language I'm learning, like for instance Chinese, then I'm only speaking as a learner, and things I say may not be 100% correct. As such, I welcome people who know better than me commenting and sharing their thoughts.

I hope to be able to post occasional lesson plans, pictures, book reviews, experiences, and anything else I find interesting regarding language learning here, and I hope that there will be something useful here for language teachers, students, or for people who are interested in language in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment